This upgraded instant ramen noodles is not only a kid-friendly meal but also equally loved by grown-ups! Upgraded instant ramen noodles is the new trend to give your boring instant ramen a freaking awesome makeover!
Are you as bored as me with that bowl of soupy instant ramen noodles? But you still crave for those? Then you have come to the right place as today I will show you how you can magically transform the boring instant ramen noodles to something worthy of a fine dining menu!
Tell me honestly, if I had showed you these pictures but didn’t tell you that these are made with instant ramen noodles, would you be able to guess? I would assume a ‘no’ because I myself couldn’t have guessed for sure!
If these pictures of instant ramen noodles are making you hungry, then keep on reading to know more as this bowl of ramen is ridiculously easy to make! But I am pretty sure you had already made something similar before; I always thought of making such experimental dishes myself but could never take the plunge until recently and that too thanks to my month-long solo-stay away from home!
I actually carried many packets of my favorite instant noodles as a savior meal during my recent business trip. I was sure to get bored of outside food after a while and there would definitely be occasions when I wouldn’t want to cook just for myself; hence all those packets of Yippee noodles accompanied me to save my hunger!
Then one fine evening, out of nowhere, this idea of upgrading the instant ramen hit me hard and I simply followed my instinct! I didn’t want to order outside food, neither I wanted to cook anything from scratch; but at the same time, I was bored with the boiled instant noodles.
Hence the packet of shrimps and peppers in the fridge showed me rays of hope and the restless cook inside me couldn’t sit still anymore. That time I made upgraded instant noodles with shrimps & peppers which, being a crazy shrimp lover, made me immensely happy!
After feeling accomplished with my creation i.e. my upgraded shrimpy instant ramen noodles, the obvious next step was… no not eating! It was to share its photos with my better half! Surprisingly enough, he liked it too from the picture itself and assumed it would be very tasty even though not tasting it in reality!
The result of this entire story is that this upgraded instant ramen noodles is the very first dish I made after returning home! And here it is now for you all because I am sure you will love such quick recipes which are not only easy to make but also pleasing to everyone in the family!
At home I made the instant ramen noodles with chicken, broccoli and mushrooms but honestly, the assortment of veggies & meat is totally up to your choice & preferences. You can add shrimps, chicken, minced lamb, eggs or even keep it completely vegan and add loads of veggies like carrots, bean sprouts, spring onions etc.
The part I most like about this instant ramen noodles is that I don’t have to worry about making the stir-fry sauce for this! The seasoning powder which comes with the packet of instant ramen serves the purpose beautifully without any hassle. Only thing you need to ensure is to use the particular flavor of ramen which you like most and everything else will follow through.
One pro tip to make the instant ramen bouncy & non-sticky is not to boil the noodles; instead soak them in boiling water for not more than 10 minutes or until softened and separated. The instant ramen noodles are pre-cooked and you only just need to wake them up by soaking them in hot water.
If you boil them over heat, it may get overcooked and you will end up with soggy lump of mess which will not absorb any flavor when you stir-fry them in wok. If you just take care of this step, nothing else can ruin your upgraded restaurant style instant ramen noodles and you will instantly be head over heels in love with it! Enjoy!
- Instant ramen noodles – 400 gms (4 single-serve packets)
- Chicken breast – 300 gms, boneless & skinless, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Broccoli – 1 small head, cut into bite-sized florets
- Mushrooms – 200 gms, cut into 1-cm thick slices
- Red bell pepper – 1, large, cut into 1-inch strips
- Canola or sunflower oil – 3 to 4 tbsp
- Garlic paste – 1 tsp
- Light soy sauce – 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak the ramen noodles in salted boiling water for 6 to 8 minutes. Do not add the seasoning powder (tastemaker) which comes with the packet of ramen at this point. Drain the water from the noodles once they are softened and set aside.
- Wash and take the broccoli florets in a microwave safe bowl (preferably glass bowl) and add about a cup of water and quarter teaspoon of salt. Microwave the broccoli on high for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Then take them out, cover the bowl and let is sit on countertop for 10 minutes; the remaining steam will soften the broccoli. After about 10 to 15 minutes drain the water out from the broccoli and set them aside until needed.
- Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a wok and when the oil is hot, add the sliced mushrooms. Sauté the mushrooms for 10 minutes on medium heat until they turn golden brown on both sides and cooked through. Take them out on a plate and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok and once the oil is hot add the garlic paste & chicken cubes to the wok. Fry the chicken on medium high heat for 10 minutes or until the chicken pieces are completely cooked through and turn golden brown.
- Next add the sautéed mushrooms, bell pepper strips & steamed broccoli and stir fry them quickly on high heat for 2 minutes.
- Now add the softened ramen, soy sauce and the seasoning powder which came with the instant noodles packet. Use all the packets of seasoning i.e. if you are using 4 packets of ramen, then add all 4 packets of seasonings.
- Stir everything well on high heat until all the ingredients are mixed thoroughly. Do a taste test at this point and add salt only if necessary.
- Your upgraded instant ramen noodles is ready to serve hot! Enjoy!